Liz Scott - Angel

So I just got send this track, and I'm kind of starting to really like it. It's kind of like Swing Out Sister mixed with something else I can't quite put my finger on.

It starts out not so convincing for me, but then the rest of the song is ok. The melody is strong, and I'm actually starting to love the chorus.

I'll definitely be checking out her album when it comes out, I'm a sucker for these kinds of songs..

Here's the press release if any of you are curious about her:

New York, NY, December 5, 2008 – Liz Scott is scheduled to launch her debut pop single Angel (Must Have Been) exclusively as a pre-release through MadeRecords.com December 9th, 2008. Created with the help of multi platinum award winning producer Markus Moser, Angel will be available digitally everywhere December 16th. The song can be previewed now at www.myspace.com/lizscottmusic.

"My songs are mostly based on true experiences, and combining the realities of life, they are also intertwined with elements of fantasy” says Scott who plays several instruments and began recording in her early teens. Born in Sydney, Australia to English parents, Liz spent much time growing up in other countries such as Papua New Guinea, Guam USA, and the UK. The cultural diversities of her ever changing surroundings, combined with a vivid imagination, have helped to mold the incredible music that she is putting forth today. Her upcoming album Princess is to be released in February, 2009. A combination of musical experiences from her collaboration with Grammy winning songwriters from around the world, Princess promises to expand on the incredible journey that Liz Scott seems to have been on her whole life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing