# 52: Darin - Breathing Your Love with Kat DeLuna

I had heard of Darin for quite a while before I actually started listening to his music. I remember seeing him on a few music blogs but I never really paid any attention to him, like a lot of other artists.

But when his new single was released, I got curious so I listened and adored it. The album rolled along and although I wasn't head over heels in love with it after one listen, it's slowly growing on me(kinda like GA, it took a lot of time for me to realize how brilliant they are..) and I'm starting to love it.

So this song is in my opinion, very Swedish R&B-ish. It's like Agnes Carlsson mixed with Chris Brown or Craig David or Usher(you get the point..). It's got a very Agnes-like melody but the elements are very R&B, something I haven't heard a lot of yet in other artists(maybe because I only really know a few Swedish pop singers..).

It's like you can get the melody and stick it into an Agnes arrangement/instrumentation or take the instrumentation and stick it into a Craig David melody. Got it? Got it.

Which is why I adore the song so much. It deserves to be on this list, a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing