# 50: Cassie - Is it You?

Cassie might not have the biggest voice, but her songs make up for everything.

Cassie burst out into our iPods in 2006 and I remember loving Me&U but I had no idea who sang it until early last year. Her career has been quiet these past few months, but Is It You was released in the UK for Step Up 2 earlier this year.

The song is very typical Cassie, a nice hook and a verse that hides the fact that she doesn't actually have a big voice like Leona or Beyonce.

Which is exactly what attracted me to this song. It's not a heavy R&B mid-tempo with the huge vocals clashing with tons and tons of synthetic drums and computer-generated instruments, it's a light song that flows but is clearly an R&B mid-tempo.

I'm not a big fan of Official Girl, but I'll be eagerly awaiting her sophomore release!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing