# 49: James Morrison - Broken Strings with Nelly Furtado

I've always worshipped the ground James Morrison walks on, mainly because he's such an amazing singer and songwriter.

His melodies are so amazing, and his voice just makes me melt.

I loved his first album, and it was promoted like crazy here. Like every time MTV went to a commercial break, they HAD to have an ad about him, they were giving away like 50 signed copies of his debut album and it was number one in the music stores' sales charts.

Then after that, he just disappeared here.

His second album came out and I just saw it on the new releases rack one day, untouched.

But his first album had so many hidden gems that i just HAD to buy it in case it had just as many amazing songs in it. I wasn't let down though, the album is brilliant.

Broken Strings is just amazing, the way Nelly Furtado's voice mixes with his in an awkward but gorgeous way just makes me want to repeat the song over and over again until my ears can't take anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing