# 45: Carrie Underwood - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

As far as I know, this is the only Christmas song on my countdown, but it's not a bad thing at all.

This version was on the Carnival Ride - Christmas EP and I absolutely fell in love with it when I first heard it.

Of all the versions of this song that I've heard, this has got to be the best.

The melody of the song itself is very standard Christmas song, but what makes it so amazing is the arrangement, the country/pop-like instruments and the delivery, Carrie's smooth, super-clean but powerful voice that just flows through the already brilliant song.

It starts out with an amazing intro then Carrie's clean vocals come in and the song just becomes one of the most beautiful songs of the year.

Seriously, this song made me want Christmas to come sooner, it's an amazing song to play during the run-up to Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing