# 30: Taylor Swift - Forever and Always

Taylor Swift is living proof that singers and people her age can actually make amazing music without a record company controlling their every action. That's something I'm extremely annoyed with, but let's save that for another post..

She's country, but she's pop, but she's both. You see, it's very hard to say that she sounds like this and she sounds like that because you know she's being herself. She's not taking from other artists and morphing herself into this monster who sounds like five different people, she's doing what she wants to, and it's brilliant.

That and the way people respond to her. How many number ones has she had already? For someone her age who writes her own songs, that's exceptional!

Moving on to the song, as far as I know, she wrote this for the guy in the Jones Brothers that she used to date(is it Nick or Jo? Not sure..).

Putting the lyrical intentions of the song aside, the melody of this immediately caught my ear when I gave Fearless a once-over, it had a quirky feel to it, but it sounded like Taylor Swift, I couldn't imagine anyone else singing it.

You see, it's not about equating a song to a genre for me, it's about equating a song to a certain artist. That's identity.

2 comments:

  1. "You see, it's not about equating a song to a genre for me, it's about equating a song to a certain artist. That's identity." -- very very true. An interesting way to put it.

    The song was written for her former boyfriend, Joe Jonas. Which was the main reason why I wanted to listen to it. I don't know what I was expecting, but what I did hear totally blew me away. I'm not for country unless it has a pop edge. Taylor Swift is definitely someone we'll be seeing for several years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. At the rate she's going right now with her album and her single, without a shadow of a doubt, she's going to last longer than all the Disney clones put together.

    I don't know why I'm not sick of her yet, actually. I've said a million times that if I hear a song too much around me, in school, in the mall and on the internet, I get really sick of it. Taylor Swift is everywhere, but the fact that at such a young age, she knows who she is as an artist is something that still astonishes me to this day.

    If she can do it, why can't Vanessa or Miley?

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing